Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StrokeMidnight

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2007
Hey I just started using Logic Express 8 and today I tried to record a guitar track through my M-Audio Fast Track. The signal was going through because as I was recording I could see the sound waves on the track and the volume would change, but no actual audio is heard when I play it back. What could this be?

BeyondMountains

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
Hey I just started using Logic Express 8 and today I tried to record a guitar track through my M-Audio Fast Track. The signal was going through because as I was recording I could see the sound waves on the track and the volume would change, but no actual audio is heard when I play it back. What could this be?

make sure your output is set to the speakers you want to listen from. im guessing the default would be set to the m-audio. so you need to have speakers/headphones connected to that in order to listen.

DJJONES

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Newengland usa!

make sure in logic that you set your track to record from your m audio fast track along with setting what channel your input is going to be.
ok wait never mind read that wrong. thats weird you should get audio through.
maybe you dont have your interface set as your audio output in logic? chekc that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.