Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
As the title says I am trying to record audio in Garageband while projecting a Keynote presentation. Garageband stops recording as soon as I start the Keynote presentation. Not wanting to put audio in Keynote or record the presentation just the speaker's audio. Not sure if I am hitting something or have some wrong preference checked. I don't feel like this should be that difficult, but I am new to using Garageband and Keynote. Any help is greatly appreciated.

josh

daveyg

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2011
I'm having the same problem

Running a MacBook Pro 10.5.8 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. 1.89 GB available.

I'll set up garageband, will be recording just fine and at some point while working slides in keynote it stops recording. Of course I don't get to see this until I'm done with Keynote and the presentation is finished.

When I return to garageband, the playhead is still moving forward, even though the waveform and actual recording ceased some 40 mins back. There is no warning or message indicating why recording has stopped.

In the last week I have received messages about scratch disk being near full. Which has lead me to close unnecessary programs, clear the desktop items and restart. Although this message did not come up when this problem has arisen before, but only around the same time as the most recent.

Any advice on what to do to ensure garageband keeps recording? Record directly to an external HD? Clear up more hard drive space on my machine? Get a more basic audio recording software that doesn't hog as much memory?

Please help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.