Problem registering Apple Care

Discussion in 'macOS' started by old-wiz, Jul 19, 2008.

1. old-wiz macrumors G3

I have an iMac 24", purchased in May. Yesterday I went to the Apple store and purchased the AppleCare package. Arriving home, I opened the package and got the AppleCare registration number. At the Apple support site, I proceeded to register. Entered system serial number, apple care reg number, etc. Got through several screens where it confirmed my address and phone number. Finally got to a screen asking where I wanted the confirmation sent, put in my e-mail address. Next screen showed "Sorry!..Our server is not available, please try again later.." (Or some similar text) I waited about an hour and tried again, and now it says the AppleCare registration number has already been used. I went to the apple support site and click on online service assistant to check warranty status. After entering the system serial number and country I get "Our records also indicate that the registration of an extended service and support plan is currently in progress in our systems." It has now been over 18 hours. How could it take 18 hours to register an AppleCare ID? Onthe Online Service Assistant page, after it says "currently in progress" it has a link " For more information, contact us", but clicking on the link does nothing. I can't seem to find a way to send any electronic communication to Apple to ask what happened. I'm concerned that it is stuck in the system and has no way out. Any ideas?

2. acxz macrumors regular

Phone Apple? That would be the first thing I would do if it told me the registration number had already been used...

3. old-wiz thread starter macrumors G3

Finally..

The confirmation finally showed up today - almost 40 hours after it was submitted. No idea why it took them so long.