problem registering for cloud unlimited(music)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jack.vaughan, Sep 20, 2008.

1. jack.vaughan macrumors newbie

I really want to sign up for the £3.99 Cloud Unlimited(Music) deal but the registration page won't let me enter my MAC address. The pre-filled field only lets you enter MAC addresses beginning 00:1 etc whereas my i-pod touch MAC address begins 00:22. Does anybody else have this problem?

I see that Owen from Cloud often responds to posts on this site. Owen if you catch this post is there anything you can do to chase the two tickets I've raised about this - the ticket numbers are 5374-6294508 and 5374-6393574? I raised these tickets 29th August and 14th September so I'm not too impressed by the customer service. You don't make it very easy to give you my money!

Hope someone can help

Jack

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Just a thought here, but maybe it's not compatible? I mean, almost nothing except Apple stuff is when it comes to iPods.

3. jack.vaughan thread starter macrumors newbie

problem registering for cloud unlimited(music)

Thanks for the post pismodude2.

As I understand it the Cloud Unlimited(music) £3-99 deal is specifically for the i-pod touch.

One thing did occur to me. I downloaded the I-Phone 2.0 software to my i-pod touch. Would that have changed my MAC address to one beginning 00:22 instead of 00:1 something. I don't really know how these things work.

Still hoping for help. Owen where are you?

Jack

4. itzeug macrumors newbie

dunno how the cloud thing works, but the update definitely didnt change your mac address

5. jack.vaughan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks itzeug

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

The MAC address, I believe, is locked in the firmware/hardware. It will not change. The 00:22 block is probably for mobile internet devices, whereas the 00:1 is for full computers.

7. jack.vaughan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Muncher. But the 00:1 etc MAC addresses are the ones specified on the Cloud Unlimited (Music) registration page. The Cloud Unlimited (Music) deal only applies to i-pod touch. So 00:1 and my own 00:22 addresses are both for the mobile device rather than full computers.

Jack

8. jack.vaughan thread starter macrumors newbie

problems registering with Cloud Unlimited (Music)

Thanks everyone. My problem has been resolved via the ticket I raised with Cloud. Better late than never. I-pod touches with MAC addresses beginning 00:22 can now register for Cloud Unlimited (Music) and I have!