Problem replying to email

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rgaudreau, Oct 1, 2008.

1. rgaudreau macrumors newbie

I'm hoping someone here has a crafty solution to the problem I'm having.

One of my emails does not allow access to POP or IMAP... it`s my work server and I`m unable to access it externally.

Currently, I`m forwarding all my emails to a Gmail account so that I can access them on the go. This works quite well.

My problem is that in order to reply, I need to know the person's email because if I hit reply, it automatically wants to respond to my work email address (because of the forwarding).

Is there a way of replying to messages more effectively so I don`t have to type out the entire email address each time?

REn

2. heartbreaker75 macrumors newbie

what kind of email is your work server?? you should be able to access it as a pop or imap email on the phone. in any case, you should also be able to see who sends you your emails in your forwards. the forwards should really just be a carbon copy of your gmail on your work email. i would suggest getting in touch with your work IT or whoever is handling your work sever (i.e. Go Daddy, etc) and ask them to put a carbon copy of your gmail on your work email. you should be able to do so since you were able to have the emails forwarded to your gmail.

this does not help or allow you to reply from your work email address on the phone, which may or may not be a problem

i guess this is more of a suggestion that an answer to your problem. sorry i couldn't be of more help