problem restoring iphone 4S (error 16)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gstevens26, Jul 10, 2014.

1. gstevens26 macrumors newbie

Hi. I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me with an issue I'm having with my iPhone 4S.

Since updating to iOS 7.0.3 I have not been able to use it. When I connected it to iTunes it gave me an error stating that the phone needed to be activated but when trying to run through this it just errors saying the sim cannot be read. It was unlocked from orange UK and I was using an o2 sim. I decided to try with an original orange UK sim just in case but still got the same issue. I decided to try restoring the iPhone so put it into dfu mode and attempted the restoreusing the llatest iOS version 7.1.2. It gets most of the way through but then just before completing the firmware update it fails with an error saying the iPhone could not be restored an unknown error occurred (16)
    I have tried several times but it will not have it.. Can anyone please help me fix this as its doing my head in.. It was fine up until the update of iOS...

Thanks

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

A few people on this forum and others have been having this issue and all you can do is try and do another clean install - Restore until it takes. Everything else you are doing is right.