Problem restoring iPhone help requested

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cook.675, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cook.675 macrumors member

I had an iPhone 3G and lost it. My wife has a 3GS, and today got a 4S, so she gave me her 3GS.

I want to restore all my contacts to my 'new' 3GS. I have a backup that I did about a month ago with my 3G, and I can't restore from that since it was running iOS 4 at the time of the back up, and the 3GS is currently running iOS 5.

How can I restore my old info that is backed up on iTunes under my 3G to my 'new' 3GS? I tried downgrading to iOS 4 on the 3GS to do the restore then upgrading, but this doesn't work.

If I could just get all my old contacts and messages on this new 3GS I wouldn't care about restoring since everything else I needed I could put on their manually.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. cook.675 thread starter macrumors member

300+ views and not one reply?

Could some one please help me?

3. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I don't personally have a 3G on iOS 4 (I do have a 3GS on iOS 5 though) so I can't replicate your scenario to help troubleshoot. Have you checked out Apple's support pages? It's the only suggestion I can personally provide. See here. Sorry if this isn't particularly helpful. Hopefully others will chime in who have an actual solution.

4. vanforum macrumors newbie

try samsung galaxy 3. thats the only advice I can give..;)