Problem restoring to 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Stuke00, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I am trying to restore my phone to 7.1.2 I put it in DFU mode, I connect to iTunes and hit the restore button. After the restore finishes, I go thru the initial setup. As soon as it asks me to enable iMessage, I get a respring where the Apple logo appears. The setup assistant starts over. This time, it lets me past the iMessage screen and asks me to enable iCloud. I do enable it. After I am able to get to the home screen, I open settings and I see that iCloud is disabled. I reenable it but most things turn off immediately after turning them on, such as contacts. I've done the restore about 3 times now and the same thing happens each time. Even if I get the iCloud items to remain enabled, they do not always download. My iMessages are not being received. Any ideas??

2. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

I had some similar problem, restored 2 or 3 times, I opened the settings.app then iCloud and disabled the Mail tab, and every time I came back to it it was enable, I just tried over and over until the tab was disabled, opening mail.app, closing settings.app, opening again on and off until it was disabled.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Also, I went into settings/general/rest/erase all content and settings about 2 times I did that and I believe that help.

3. Stuke00 thread starter macrumors 68000

My biggest issue is the iMessage not working. I send a text to my fiancee and she does not get it. But if she opens up messages app and replies, I get it as a text message.. but it still shows me that she read it, even tho it does not show up on her phone. This is very weird!

4. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I personally have never heard of this happening and I always do a clean install and then use my backup.
    It sounds like you need to do another clean restore and go from there.