Problem restoring to 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Stuke00, Jul 10, 2014.

  1. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2011
    Location:
    Collinsville,IL
    #1
    I am trying to restore my phone to 7.1.2 I put it in DFU mode, I connect to iTunes and hit the restore button. After the restore finishes, I go thru the initial setup. As soon as it asks me to enable iMessage, I get a respring where the Apple logo appears. The setup assistant starts over. This time, it lets me past the iMessage screen and asks me to enable iCloud. I do enable it. After I am able to get to the home screen, I open settings and I see that iCloud is disabled. I reenable it but most things turn off immediately after turning them on, such as contacts. I've done the restore about 3 times now and the same thing happens each time. Even if I get the iCloud items to remain enabled, they do not always download. My iMessages are not being received. Any ideas??
     
  2. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2011
    #2
    I had some similar problem, restored 2 or 3 times, I opened the settings.app then iCloud and disabled the Mail tab, and every time I came back to it it was enable, I just tried over and over until the tab was disabled, opening mail.app, closing settings.app, opening again on and off until it was disabled.

    Hope it helps.

    EDIT: Also, I went into settings/general/rest/erase all content and settings about 2 times I did that and I believe that help.
     
  3. Stuke00 thread starter macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2011
    Location:
    Collinsville,IL
    #3
    My biggest issue is the iMessage not working. I send a text to my fiancee and she does not get it. But if she opens up messages app and replies, I get it as a text message.. but it still shows me that she read it, even tho it does not show up on her phone. This is very weird!
     
  4. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

    Jaguarr40

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2014
    Location:
    Sarasota, Florida
    #4
    I personally have never heard of this happening and I always do a clean install and then use my backup.
    It sounds like you need to do another clean restore and go from there.
     

Share This Page