Problem Restoring with AppBackup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BuStOsAvIcH, Oct 20, 2009.

1. BuStOsAvIcH macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

Hello,

So I just upgraded to 3.1.2 (Redsn0wed to Pwned). I had been planning this for a while so I made sure to properly backup all my data using AppBackup. I took the folder "tarballs" from the AppBackup folder in /private/var/mobile/Library and put it on my desktop. After updating my iPhone and downloading AppBackup again, I replaced the tarballs with the one on my desktop. Now when I open AppBackup, it says that all my apps have never been backed up. I'm a little confused to what else I need to do in order to restore the data back to my App Store apps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I used AptBackup one time, never again. It totally screwed up all the files on my phone. Had to restore to official IPSW, then re-JB.

Try PkgBackup, it works flawlessly. Well worth the $2 or $3.

Good luck !

3. BuStOsAvIcH thread starter macrumors member

BuStOsAvIcH

AppBackup not AptBackup

I'm talking about AppBackup, not AptBackup. I'm trying to restore the saved data to the App Store apps. I have already successfully used PkgBackup to restore all my Cydia Apps

4. jailbreakkid888 macrumors newbie

copy whole folder

copy the whole folder named appbackup

(source: scott wallace's website )

5. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Install all your apps. Back them up once on the phone with the program (the data will the blank for all the apps)

Then overwrite the tarballs with the ones you actually want to restore. Then restore in AppBackup. This makes it so AppBackup creates its library and data files and such and THEN you restore your actual backup files.

I backed up the entire AppBackup folder and restored it, and the program crashed until I did this.