Problem restroing after jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4bp, Jan 23, 2012.

1. 4bp macrumors newbie

Hi
    last night i used absinthe to jailbreak my 4s. firstly i backed up my phone in itunes, went through the process and all worked fine. when i went back into itunes and it says restore from backup there wasnt the latest backup in the drop down list, the most recent back up was from 3 months ago. i located the most recent backup in the following directory Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup and can see there is one from yday in there. but it dosent show up on the list. is there a way of choosing this latest backup to restore from? can someone help me as i dont want to lose the last 3 months of info from my phone?

thanks

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I'm really really leaning to the idea that you're screwed.

This is why.. well when the 4.XX JB's came out, actually even before that, the Dev team always posted [seems this time they didn't?] to Open iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Devices Tab. Then in there delete all your old backups.

Plug in your phone and do a fresh, full backup, then, and only after then do you perform your jailbreak.

Guess it wasn't posted this time, or it could have been that I read it elsewhere... either way, I think you're up a creek without a paddle. Hopefully someone else can help :(

3. 4bp thread starter macrumors newbie

oh please dont say that!
    i have never done that before when jailbreaking any of my other iphones and i have never had this problem before. itunes always just loactes the most recent backup and i use that one. i can see that there is a backup file saved on my comp, but i need to know if i can point itunes to use this specific file to restore from.
    for instance when jailbreaking earlier phones using pwnage tool you had to hold the option button and click restore to use the custom firmware file that the tool made. can the same work for using a specific backfile from the Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup location?