Problem running flash game on Safari

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dpakoh, Aug 22, 2013.

1. dpakoh macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I am new to the Apple world, just got the new MBA. It is a pretty good machine and getting used to it. But I have the following problem, when I opening this online flash game (http://www.ricochetrobots.com/RR.html) and try to start a game, the Safari browser freezes and shows a warning that the script is running slow and I must terminate it. Once I managed to run the game by changing Safari's user agent to IE9, but it worked just once. So my question is, can you help me run this flash game on Safari, I read a lot of posts about flash and Safari and still didn't find a solution to the problem.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!

2. macgeof macrumors member

Hiya,

Well, I can tell you it is nothing to do with Safari, it is the same issue in all browsers (on MacOSX at least). Basically the person who wrote the game has coded it badly. Flash has a maximum time allowed for the call stack execution to complete - 15 seconds - and if the call stack is still executing after that time, it presents the dialog you are seeing. Basically the code is caught in some recursive loop (after you press the start button) and is not exiting that loop within the allowed time. I suspect that the same would be seen if you attempt to run the application under a different OS as well to be honest - it doesn't exude the air of a well written application ;)

So, long story short...no-one other than the author will be able to fix it so you can play the game - on Mac OSX at least.

Sorry :(

3. dpakoh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for looking into the problem. First to say, I play this game under Windows using IE 9/10, guess bad browsers run bad code with no problem.

But the interesting thing is that as I said I managed to run it on my MBA using Safari but just once. And usually computers don't work this way, if you can do it once, then you can do it again and again.

I will continue to explore Safari options and if I come up with something I will share.