Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
After some help, I got my Mums new iPad Pro I bought her today, I've been setting it up for her, almost there. But there are tons of photos on her old iPad 3 which haven't copied over to the new iPad.
I did a full backup of the iPad 3 using iTunes on my Mac, then I did a restore when setting up the new iPad Pro.

How can I get all the photos of one iPad onto the other?

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
After some help, I got my Mums new iPad Pro I bought her today, I've been setting it up for her, almost there. But there are tons of photos on her old iPad 3 which haven't copied over to the new iPad.
I did a full backup of the iPad 3 using iTunes on my Mac, then I did a restore when setting up the new iPad Pro.

How can I get all the photos of one iPad onto the other?
Photo Share

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Did a fully encrypted back up via iTunes to restore to my 9.7 and everything moved over including passwords and all images.

Cheers 'll give that a go, I did use an app I had to transfer photos from one iOS device to another but their are so many I know many have been duplicated during that process, and I don't fancy going through them all to delete the copies unless I have to!
[doublepost=1459615389][/doublepost]Gah didn't work, the photo's didn't backup. But iPhoto won't see them all either, must have been the way I copied them onto the iPad 3 in the first place.
Never mind I'll manually delete all the copies, and being the iPad Pro it won't be too bad as it's pretty powerful. It's too big for me personally, but yeah very impressive powerful device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newtons Apple

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I could only see the backup option, I have separate sync options for the music, photo's, tones etc.

iTunes only has one sync button which syncs everything on the iOS device to iTunes. You can just do a back up but clicking the sync button does both a back up of all the data on the device as well as sync it.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
iTunes only has one sync button which syncs everything on the iOS device to iTunes. You can just do a back up but clicking the sync button does both a back up of all the data on the device as well as sync it.

No idea where the sync button is then as its all greyed out unless I set it up. But that doesn't matter now as I've deleted all the repeats of the photos and videos now, it is one fast device!

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Ah, you mean the big 'Sync' button at the bottom of the screen... :oops::oops:

Hehe, never mind, very very nearly got it all setup, just need to verify the bank card for Apple Wallet now. Got her Music on it now, over 8GB left should be fine. Still have to say I'm impressed with it's speed and smoothness.

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Thought I'd add some if my thoughts on the new Pro on here as I've been playing with it for a while, and a question too.

First my question, in the UK why do you have your debit card in the Apple wallet on the iPad? What is it used for other then the Apple store?

Now my thoughts....

It's an awesome tablet. Everything is so smooth and fast, so painless to use, apps update really fast too, webpages load fast. It's nice and light although overall for MY tastes its too big. But for my Mum its probably the best media consumption device out there!
The speakers sound great too, you can tell the separation and effects when using it. It's so fast with the photos too, it has about 1200 plus, some of which were taken with a Canon DSLR on it as well as videos and it flicks through them all with so much ease, you can scroll from one end of the photo thumbnails to the other in a second!

Now other iPads may be like this, but my experience is based on going from my Mum's iPad 3 to this new one, so as you can imagine it is a HUGE performance difference.

So yeah, I don't know what it's like as a productivity tool but would think it's fast, but as your only computer and if it's used for general stuff and media consumption and the odd Solitaire game, its the best I have yet seen.

Well done Apple.

As for why did I get my Mum a Pro and not an Air, that's because it's the latest technology, has a fantastic screen, and I'm hoping it lasts much better with Apples iOS updates as the iPad 3 is kinda killed by them now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.