Problem Shooting with K100D

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ericmjl, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ericmjl macrumors member

Hi guys,

I didn't know where else to turn to for a community resource help, so I've come here.

My K100D suddenly flatered on me tonight. I suddenly wasn't able to shoot any photos while my flash was turned on. When I turned it off, I could shoot photos, but when it's on, I couldn't. Does anybody have a similar problem? Or does anybody know where I can find answers to this? I've e-mailed Pentax Canada about this already, but I don't know what else I can do.

2. seahawk09 macrumors regular

Hey Eric,

If I may ask what type of flash are you using on your camera, if it's an older style flash it may not be compatable with your K100D.:)

3. ericmjl thread starter macrumors member

Built-in Flash Doesn't Work

It's the built-in flash that's not working. I sure hope it isn't a burnout... >.<

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Is the battery charged?

5. ericmjl thread starter macrumors member

Totally, the battery was and is charged, and the camera refuses to operate when the flash is up. Rather, when the flash is down, it then operates properly.

6. jlcharles macrumors 6502

Something similar happened to my film rebel. I had to send it in for servicing because a pin that resides under the flash got stuck. It was very odd.

7. ericmjl thread starter macrumors member

Mmm... that gives me a bit more hope. Thanks for your reply, Jim! Did it cost you a lot to get it serviced? And did it take long as well?

8. jlcharles macrumors 6502

It was covered under warranty and took about a week, although the service center for Canon was about 10 miles from my house.