Problem solved thanks

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by thechidz, May 23, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Edit: problem has been solved:) turns out a few of the backup discs I got with the machine were bad, that's it

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Do you get any red lights when it shuts down? We had a modded 360 too (friend of my bros originally, it fell from a desk so he gave it away and we fixed it, sans case) and initially it would boot up, get 2 red lights and then crash. Which simply means its overheating.

3. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

no thats the weird thing... there are no red lights at all... just the green light which flashes after it reboots itself... then the menu comes up but wont read the disc or eject? very strange...

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hmm, when our unmodded 360 would have a disc loading error it'd at least throw up an error message. I'm no technician but the disc drive might be on its way out. If you wanted to spend any more money on it I'd recommend installing a new drive. Sorry I'm not much help :eek:

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

no not looking to spend really:rolleyes: what do you think it will be worth for parts?

I might throw it on the marketplace forum as a feeler...

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

This is the oldest tale of avarice posted on here in a long while.

I think they call this outcome 'Karma' ;)

As for selling for parts on the marketplace - firstly you wouldnt be able to sell the games as they are pirates, and as for worth in parts ? A broken 360 is not going to be worth much to anyone.

If you scraped together $100 for the HDD and controller you'll be doing well.

7. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz