Problem streaming from Netflix

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pep.pep, Dec 27, 2010.

1. pep.pep macrumors member

Every time I attempt to stream a video on netflix, either on safari or firefox, it crashes.

Does anyone experience this? I was just watching them fine the other day, but now I can't.

I'm about to cancel my membership, because I can't watch anything.

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

What os are you running, what version of browsers? Make sure you have all updates. I am not having a problem...

3. pep.pep thread starter macrumors member

I have Leopard version 10.5.8

I just updated to the newest Safari and Firefox.

It's strange.

4. mikeysue macrumors newbie

Netflix, Snow Leopard, Freezing, Hard Restart

I know this post is really old, but I'lll give it a shot.

I'm having the same problem with Netflix! I'm running Snow Leopard with the most recent versions of Safari and/or Firefox - even Opera - it doesn't matter.

After some random amount of time streaming video in Netflix the screen goes black and the sound stutters in the background and the only way to make it stop is to do a hard restart.

It has nothing to do with buffering or updating silverlight. I updated silverlight and I wait for the video to buffer.

Any ideas?

5. timothy632 macrumors member

Try this

www.netflix.com/clearcookies

it don't delete your queue, it just clears out the cookies.

for good measure I would uninstall and reinstall silverlight after you delete your netflix cookies.

6. Fred*freely macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problems!!! I thought I might need an update so I tried that but NO JOY! maybe there is some Mac Mini BUG. Mine is 3 years old the one with the DVD Slot. How about yours?