Problem syncing apps between 2 touches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidmcd, Apr 15, 2011.

1. davidmcd macrumors newbie

My kids each have 4g ipod touches. They use the same itunes account and sync on the same pc.

Everything I have read says that the paid apps should sync between the 2 when we sync them with the pc. I have searched, but cannot figure out how to do this...

I see the apps under "Apps" in itunes. When I click one of their touches in itunes and select apps, I can click the "sync apps" button, but it says that all apps and their data will be replaced with that from the library. I assume that means they will lose progress in games, etc. so we cancel out. Am I wrong? Is that the way to do it? Thanks.

2. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Ipod touch 4g 4.2.1: Mozilla/5.0 (Sonny Bro!; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

What exactly is the problem?

3. davidmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that I cannot sync games (i.e., Uno) that I bought on one touch to the other touch...

4. Sonny bro macrumors member

Sorry if i misinterpreted your post but why dont you just log in to the itunes account through the ipod that you want the games to go on and then manually go through the appstore downloading them? It would take longer but at least it works.

5. davidmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Good question. I started to load it (Uno in my example) directly on the 2nd touch, but it looks like it wanted to charge me for the app on the 2nd touch...Does it say it will charge, but back out the charge if I already have the app on my account?

6. Penquin79 macrumors member

Multi iTouchs

You have nothing to fear, each iTouch keeps game preferences, scores, etc in a file for just it's use. As you see we have three iOS devices and share the same games but the scores are all kept separate. That's why each iTouch has a separate name and iTunes recognizes which one is attached.

7. davidmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info. So to dumb it down for me, I can load them from my pc and not worry about the warning I get about how all apps and their data will be replaced with that from the library?

8. Penquin79 macrumors member

2 iTouch's

As long as you are always syncing from the same computer. Even if you accidently remove the app from the iTouch the score information remains and returns once you re-install the app.

9. davidmcd thread starter macrumors newbie

That is great news (we do only sync them to the same pc). I thank you and my kids thank you as well!:D

10. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Ipod touch 4g 4.2.1: Mozilla/5.0 (Sonny Bro!; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

you will not be charged twice. have fun :)

11. elen011 macrumors newbie

I think the structure of account login and settings of 4g ipod touches are too tough to understand for them who are new user. Relevant administrator should aware of their service