Problem syncing jailbroken iPhone4G iOS 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by spitboy2000, Dec 6, 2010.

1. spitboy2000 macrumors member

OK, i have just bought a jailbroken iphone 4G running iOS 4.1 and with firmware 02.10.04

However, when i connect it to itunes, it will not sync up any music or apps. it will sync contacts.

I'm using itunes 10.1 -- should i try to sync up with 9.2?

it says it's syncing, but will not transfer any music or apps, and quickly skips from step 1 of the sync to step 4.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and what can i do about it?

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

I have no problem syncing IP4 4.1 with Itunes 10.1, but I did have a similar problem back in the day with 3GS 3.0. Can't remember exactly what I did, but unsyncing everything and syncing then works.

3. spitboy2000 thread starter macrumors member

im not sure what "unsyncing" everything means.

I attempted to reinstall 4.1 with pwnage, but itunes refused to let me put the build in, which was weird

The iphone will also not let me sync or upload photos onto iPhoto -- iPhoto does not "see" any photos.

ideas?

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I think by "unsyncing" he means the other tabs in iTunes when you plug your phone in. You know, the App, Music, Photos, etc tabs. Either check or uncheck those and see if that will allow you to start syncing normally with your phone.

5. spitboy2000 thread starter macrumors member

Wow! Ok, that seemed to work! Now about the photos that can't be seen or uploaded....