Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanbrown

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
London
Hi there,

I have been having a problem with my iPod touch, and wondered if anyone has also came across it as well.

Every time I connect my iPod touch, or video to my Mac - I always get the error message: "The iPod (iPod name here) cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the data, x GB required, x GB available".

Now I know what you're thinking, just trying to sync too much stuff, right? Well, no... I only have my music library (+ Music Videos) synced with my iPod, and it only accounts for 5.5GB, I also have a few apps, around 1GB. Yet my iPod still says it cannot sync and my only option is to manually sync, and this is the same for my other iPod as well.

Just wondering if you had come across this problem yourself!

Dylan

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Do you have an 8GB touch? Remember, the drive is sold in metric gigabytes, not binary gigabytes, which is what iTunes counts your Library as. There is also space needed for the OS. After all that, 6.5GB of stuff filling an 8GB touch doesn't sound that unreasonable. If you have a 16 or 32GB model...uh.....double check to make sure you aren't trying to sync a bunch of movies or TV shows?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.