[Problem] The AppStore is temporarily unavailable

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Budiosx, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Budiosx, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016

Budiosx macrumors regular

Budiosx

from yesterday "The AppStore is temporarily unavailable please try again later "!! am i alone?![​IMG]

2. lemimouth macrumors regular

Try clearing the cache by tapping 10 times on an icon at the bottom

3. Budiosx thread starter macrumors regular

Budiosx

4. lemimouth macrumors regular

Have you tried disabling your wifi ? Where I work, the connections to Apple servers (App Store, iOS updates...) are blocked

5. Budiosx thread starter macrumors regular

Budiosx

Home network with no change to router settings

6. ThunderMasterMind macrumors 6502

ThunderMasterMind

Same for me yesterday, all my devices including OS X Mavericks and El Capitan wouldn't connect for a period of time yesterday. They are back up now.

7. chipfiev macrumors member

I had an issue with the App Store last night. Turns out that AT&T (my home internet provider) has provisioned new DNS servers and my router's configuration was out of date. Once I updated my DNS to AT&T's latest servers (which I got from my gateway's status page), everything returned to normal.

Hope this helps.

8. Budiosx thread starter macrumors regular

Budiosx

9. lemimouth macrumors regular

On your phone try to edit your wifi connexion (by clicking the little "i" next to the network name) and set "8.8.8.8" as dns. Take note of the original value, and if it doesn't change anything, revert back.

10. Budiosx thread starter macrumors regular

Budiosx

I logged out of my apple id from AppStore, i tried to search for an app and every thing seemed fine after that I logged in and faced the same problem again !

11. chris566 macrumors regular

I'm seeing this issue on my 2nd gen mini and on the iPhone 6. My 5s App Store is working fine. I use openDNS.

12. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

had the same issue yesterday. Went on for a number of hours. when i woke up today the issue was resolved.

13. Budiosx, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016

Budiosx thread starter macrumors regular

Budiosx

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like something might have been going on Apple's backend side of things or a CDN they might be using or something like that which likely got resolved.

15. Kruithofphoto macrumors newbie

Kruithofphoto

I'm having trouble with App Store and iTunes Store tonight. iPhone 7 plus

16. lftomazini macrumors newbie

Same issue. It started this Monday and it is still like that. I can still download by searching on safari and redirecting to the App Store. I just can't search. I don't know if it is related to the issue, but my account is from the US and I'm currently in Brazil. This only happens with my iPhone 6S on iOS 10. My iPad Pro with iOS 9.3 works just fine.

17. XT550 macrumors regular

XT550

18. alecc131 macrumors regular

19. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

I've been having issues loading previews of apps since iOS 10 launched. They refuse to play or take ages to load and if they do load only 15 seconds of it will play.

20. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I had problems with AppStore downloads, iOS updates, Apple Watch updates, and some banking apps (on initial setup), even Plants vs. Zombies Heroes after I updated to iOS10, on two different phones. No problem with other apps, and no problems with my iPad mini 2. Then recently I found out the problem was some custom DNS settings on the phone, or a WiFi network that has a "Security recommendation" when you go into the WiFi settings. I reset the DNS settings (empty the field out and go back, it will re-populate with the default), and fixed the security recommendation (for my case it was a hidden SSID). Did both and now no problems anymore, no matter how hard I try.

21. dpelletier360 macrumors newbie

Did you find a resolution?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2016 ---
    I've been having this issue since Saturday Oct 1st. I have an iPhone 7 Plus 32GB. I've tried everything in this thread with no luck. Doesn't matter if I use cellular either. Same case as someone mentioned before though. If I log out I can search again. But once I log back in the issue returns.

22. infoghost macrumors newbie

infoghost

23. jonathanbloom macrumors newbie

Same issue for me, worked fine and now it's not.

24. schmegs macrumors newbie

schmegs

Had this problem for days now, too. iPhone 7plus, 10.0.2. I've been using Appshopper to do all my searches in the meantime. The app hasn't been updated in years, but at least the database is up-to-date...