Problem To Drag Files Into Media Player From My Mac Computer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mfog2009, Jul 11, 2009.

1. mfog2009 macrumors newbie

Just got a Sumvision Cyclone Media Player and connected to my mac book pro. It found the drive called as "New Volume". Open the folder and had different folders inside: Movies, Music, Pictures, System Volume Information. If I get into the folders as for example "Movies" files I cannot drag any files to the folders since a message comes for example: The item "XXXXX.avi" could not be moved because "New Volume" cannot be modified. What should I do? Is that because I am using a Mac computer? And if so do I need to erase and reformat the drive or what? Desperate here. Thank you.

2. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

It sounds like the drive might be formatted with NTFS or a format that OS X cannot write to (very odd though). When the drive is mounted on the desktop, and you secondary click on the icon and select "Get Info" what does it say the Format of the drive is?

3. mfog2009 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Thanks.
    After posting it here I figured that out. Got the Cyclone to work... just reformatted the drive in Fat 32 with my mac and everything worked fine.
    Anyway, if anyone have a problem like this don't forget to create the files on your reformatted drive: Movies, Pictures and Music!
    Thanks again.
    :)