Problem to solve

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Frankzelf, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Frankzelf macrumors newbie

dear technicians,

I have made a recording with a Presonus Firebox on a Mac with Cubase. At the 2nd day there was a terrible distortion at once. It came in after 15min of recording a voice; and it stayed all day long. I heard it at the end of the day, while backing-up the recordings.

A sample can be heard here:
    file in WAV extension
    or
    file in AIFF extension

Does anybody know this sound, or has an idea how to fix it??
    Maybe a plugin for fixing vinyl or so.....

Many thanks in advance!!

2. MacInbowl macrumors newbie

Sounds like a digital clip or clock problem... trying a "de-crackle" type plugin might help but ( :( ) I don't think it will repair the whole thing like nothing happened.
    If you can have another recording session, it would be better and easier for you...

Good luck!!

Mat

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

hm, that's an interesting noise.

doesn't sound like a clock problem to me, and actually it doesn't sound like digital clipping, either. but it does sound digital.

my best guess is that, somehow, the signal got corrupted. perhaps the buffer get all messed up somehow.

4. gotzero macrumors 68040

I am sure this is not what you want to hear, but that waveform is likely shot. You can hear the distortion/digital clipping rise and fall with the voice. Maybe a gain knob got hit? If you listen to the file before and after the problem, is there a difference in the sound you hear during "silence"? Maybe phantom power got turned on?