Problem transfering music to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egk69, Dec 2, 2011.

1. egk69 macrumors 6502

Ok, Im almost sure that I've done this on the past, but I cant now.

I have my friends iPhone 4, and I want to put some of my playlists on it without deleting anything on his iPhone , unless its music, thats ok, but I dont want to delete his apps or his pictures or anything else. And when I try to put the music iTunes tells me that it will delete the iPhone because its sync to another computer..

Is it posible to do what i want? maybe with some other app instead of itunes?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

As far as I know, it's impossible to do that. Synching it with the new computer will delete everything. The only thing you can do is go back to the original computer it synched with and select "manually manage music..." and then sync again. This should work, my friend does this frequently. However, makes sure the iPhone is formatted appropriately, Mac can read both Mac & Windows, but Windows can't read Mac.

3. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

You can't do that period. The only thing you can do is burn the playlist to a cd (or transfer via USB drive or something) and rip it to your friends iTunes library. Restrictions from the record companies don't allow what you want to do.

4. Irfin macrumors newbie

Have you tried to Authorize your computer to use his/her apple id? The menu is in iTunes, in Store > Authorize This Computer...
    After you have finished doing stuff, you can deauthorize your computer from using his/her apple id.

5. Sulten macrumors regular

Sulten

try to make another log on screen with a user name and see if that works using itunes

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This only allows the playback of music and usage of apps, not synching.

This won't change anything. An iPhone set to sync and not manually managed will need to be deleted to sync with a new computer.

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

You need to burn it or put it on memory card and let him sync on his computer, in the past you could have done , on the old iPod (before the iPhone came out lol) but is gone music companies felt like they were rip off