Problem Transferring Purchased Apps to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Miaow65, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Miaow65 macrumors newbie

Hi, Hope someone can help here

We've just got an ipad and Im trying to put 3 apps i have on my iphone onto it.

The apps were downloaded originally in itunes and then updated via the iphone app store to full versions.

Ive done the transfer purchases from the iphone back to itunes but nothing happens but im sure they updated from iphone to itunes when i did it?

When they go onto the ipad they are saying they are not purchased again and wanting me to pay again.

Since I've purchased them surely there must be a way to get them to my ipad as the purchased version?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Is your iPad logged into the same iTunes account that they were purchased under?

3. Miaow65, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes when i registered it i did it under the same apple itunes store user name and its logged in as the same account on itunes as well

4. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have been told that maybe using icloud could fix the problem but at pres i dont have a wireless network for the iphone or ipad so if i can fix this up via itunes be great

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Go into the app store on your iPad, they should be available for download on the Purchased tab.

6. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have wifi so cant connect to the net on it?

7. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok im gonna go to maccas thats have free Wifi tomorrow and connect to the appstore under my user etc

Question i've had a look on the iphone app store and cant find any purchased tab at all?

If the appstore is logged in as me via the wifi - wioll it then recognosed all those apps should be unlocked as were purchased by me?

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

As long as it's the same account, they'll be there. There's even a section for apps that you've bought, but aren't currently on your iPad.

IDK how the iPhone app store is set up, but in the iPad app store the Purchased section is down at the bottom, with Featured, Updates, etc.

9. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah ok thanks :)

Hoping the trip to maccas tomorrow morning might then fix up this problem - very annoying really youd expect the apps if on itunes as purchased to come across to the ipad as purchased also especially if registered under the same app store user name

----------

One more question - should i keep the apps on the ipad or remove them and then download them again under purchased or see 1st if the appstore connect works to unlock them?

10. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Well the wifi connectopn and reinatalling them didm't work still showing as unpurchased on the ipad :/

Now ringing Apple support to try and get some help with the matter.....

11. Miaow65 thread starter macrumors newbie

all fixed up now - had to log into appstore and try and pirchase then said purchased and then all ok app