Problem Updating my Macbook Pro(10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applefan97, Jun 27, 2013.

1. applefan97 macrumors member

I am getting two updates for Thunderbolt and a Macbook EFI Firmware update and when I click on install update it is downloading successfully but when it tells me to restart, the Mac is just shutting down and and is not turning back on and when I press on the power button there's a beep sound and nothing happens,I keep on pressing the power button button for 5-6 times until it turns on but again when I check for updates it's asking me to install the same two updates again.The Mac is behaving in the same manner no matter how many times I try to install the update.

I am planning to upgrade my Mac to OS X Mountain Lion/Mavericks but I am afraid I may face the same problem.Please Help.

Thanks in advance

2. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

Firmware updates require the MacBooks to be plugged into a power source. Also make sure you are using the correct power supply rating for the MacBook. I have seen it fail out when using a smaller power supply than what originally came with the Macbook.

3. applefan97 thread starter macrumors member

I am having the problem even though my Mac is connected to a power source and I am also using the correct power source.

4. chevelleguy3 macrumors regular

Have you tried resetting the PRAM and SMC?