problem updating software

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vickicoots, Mar 31, 2010.

1. vickicoots macrumors newbie

whenever I try to look for updates or updates to download, the error says connection problem for proxy settings. Check your internet connection. Everything else is working, except for ITune, I can't get into the store.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Odds are your proxy settings in System Preferences are set to something that doesn't match your actual configuration. For instance, if you do not have a proxy server but are set up to use one, you'll get this error.

3. vickicoots thread starter macrumors newbie

connection

Hi

Since that happened, my husband went on his side and was able to download updates from yesterday. Yesterday, I was able to get into ITunes store. After the download, neither one of us could get into itunes store. However, when we checked to see if he could do updates, I tried my side and I could too. Now, I am back to not getting in itunes store and so is he. so frustrating! Thanks for any help you can give.

4. BobZune macrumors 6502a

Look under System Preferences -- Network -- Advanced -- Proxies. Write down the set up (for each item checked on the list). Then clear everything so there is no proxy being used. Try it out and see if you have the same problem.

[If you can't get to the web at all, you'll have to put back the written down settings.]