Problem upgrading Bootcamp 2.1 to 3.0 (Snow Leopard)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Trinite, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Trinite macrumors regular

I'm trying to restart an old 2009 thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=774372) on this problem; I haven't been able to find an answer that works:

------------------------------------------------------
    (Originally Posted by ecran, 2009)
    I still have problems upgrading my windows xp boot camp 2.1 to 3.0. I inserted sl disk and I ran the installation option under BootCamp drivers.

Then I get the error mesage: Boot Camp installer completed. The installer encountered errors before Boot Camp could be configured. To try these operations at a later time, please run the installer again.

I have ran it several times with the same result. Anybody getting this error message?

I'm running Bootcamp 2.1 on Windows XP SP3 on an early 2009 Unibody MBP.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Now (2011) I'm having exactly this problem, in this same situation (and with the same computer). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I should say that Bootcamp seems to be running fine; it's not like I'm having trouble. But I feel like I should update if I can.

Thanks!

2. pluther macrumors newbie

Same problem, upgrading bootcamp 2.1 to 3.0

I keep getting an error message "A system restart is pending. Complete the restart and then retry this installation." I have removed all the mirror video drivers and still get that dang message. Suggestions?