problem upgrading from iphone 4 from 4.1 to 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nytrav, Mar 14, 2011.

1. nytrav macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have this app called iStudiez pro on my iPhone and wanted to update it so I could cloud sync it with the same app on my MBP, but for that I need iOS 4.2 on my iphone. So I downloaded the 4.2.1 .ipsw file and hit alt-cmd-restore, put in path to that file and hit update. After verifying with apple itunes opens error message that says "This iPhone could not be updated. This device isn't eligible for the requested build". Is there any other way to update the iPhone ? I do not want to update to iOS 4.3 because there still is no word on baseband unlock for 02.10.04, although there is none for 4.2.1 either but as far as I know dev-team has been working on it for quite some time so it hopefully should be out soon.

Thank you
    nytrav

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Unless you have save SHSH with Cydia, otherwise, you have to go to 4.3.

3. nytrav thread starter macrumors newbie

I think Cydia asked me for it once and I confirmed. How do I know for sure? And isn't that needed only for downgrade ?

4. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

http://www.saurik.com/id/12

It is needed for any firmware that Apple isnt signing. Generally this applies to people trying to downgrade, but in this case it applies to you too.

5. nytrav thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so now im in deep *****... I tried to do what was written on that web but it failed so I had to restore and update, but it only shows error 1013... what now ? I hope I didnt break the thing.

6. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502a

^^BIGMac

Maybe try this now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-H-io-_LcY&feature=related