Problem using Disk Warrior

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by reebzor, Dec 10, 2008.

1. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

So my external died (again), and this time will be the last. I used disk warrior to try to repair it and it said that it was too badly damaged and that I need to "preview" the drive and copy all the contents off of it. Ok so I borrowed my friends external and I'm trying to copy some stuff off of the drive but I keep getting errors saying some files are in use. How can I copy all of these files? I tried doing a cp -rf old/directory /new/directory and I am getting "Resource busy" on certain files. I would like to recover them all but I don't know whats going on. I'm pretty stressed about this as this data is extremely important to me. Please help. Thanks.

2. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I'm interested in how this pans out for you.

Also, are you running Leopard? I've always had DiscWarrior myself and swear by it. Its been years however since there's been a version that can boot a Mac laptop. The current version cannot boot either the early or late '08 MacBook Pros. Alsoft says they're waiting for Apple to release the files to them. What the heck is Apple waiting for?

3. reebzor thread starter macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I've been transferring via the command line and it's working alright. I have 100gb of music and 250gb of movies and tv shows. I lost about 15 songs and 3 movies, so I'm not worried about it. It's still pretty weird though.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

The very latest DW now comes on DVD instead of CD and can boot anything but the latest models introduced on 10/14/08, so early 2008 models are finally covered. They made this change about a month ago (so it took like 10 months from the time the models were introduced) and is now reflected on their website here. So now begins the wait for the late 08 introductions to be covered! ;)