Problem using Quicktime with SL...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by crackbookpro, Nov 19, 2009.

1. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Has anyone seen a question mark using Quicktime?

I have recently purchased a 21.5" iMac w/ATI GPU for my work computer, and I am trying to play an avi file in Quicktime. The file is coming from the Windows program 3D Max, and has an avi file which has worked on all my Macs except for my new iMac that is running Snow Leopard.

Does anyone know if this a Snow Leopard issue or Codec problem? I have already downloaded Perian, but have had no luck in fixing my problem.

Has anyone else experienced the '?' covering the Quicktime icon like I show in the attached pic?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

This is a codec issue. Try installing Flip4Mac WMV Player - it makes many WMV and AVI files play for me, that otherwise won't.

3. crackbookpro thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Flip4Mac didn't do it - I have tried it already. I have VLC as well as Perian too, and it still isn't doing the trick...

Could SL be the problem?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't see how the problem could be SL. Have you tried playing the file with QuickTime Player 7?

5. crackbookpro thread starter macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

Is anyone experiencing the same thing, or ever seen this now infamous '?' when using Quicktime?

I initially thought this was a codec issue, but I am totally lost... maybe this is because of SL :confused: