problem viewing certain website through my USB 3G modem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ksabek, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ksabek macrumors member

hello, a new telecommunications company opened in Bahrain. I am using their 3G USB data modem and it is all working well but i have some certain issues with some websites such as www.goal.com and even www.apple.com while using the 3G internet not through WIFI
    When viewing www.goal.com i see the same website I saw last week, but when switching to WIFI it shows the true updated one, even while viewing apple.com after they added a tab for the iPad, i cant fully see the tabs, i only see apple signs and even some pics and words are misplaced. Is the problem from my laptop or from the 3G modem?
    thank you

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Pardon the simplistic question, but have you tried refreshing your browser's cache?

3. ksabek thread starter macrumors member

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

That's very strange. I would try to see if the behaviour occurs using a different browser. If so, it could be that the 3G company is somehow caching sites and only allowing you to visit those cached sites? I'd call them up and explain the situation. It makes no sense that it would be doing that...

5. ksabek thread starter macrumors member

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

Give them a call or send an email. This shouldn't be happening and hopefully they'll help you resolve your issue. I apologize I can't be of much help as I have no experience with 3G mobile Internet nor do I live in Bahrain. Best of luck!