Problem w/default Credit Card

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by DotCom2, Jul 23, 2019.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 601

I am having a problem with getting the correct Credit Card to be the default one on my Apple Watch series 3 SS 38mm.
    I have checked my phone and it is on the correct CC as default. But every time I doubt click on the watch side button, it default to the wrong card. I also checked all my other iDevices to make sure they were all on the correct default just in case.
    I have rebooted everything and still no go!

Any suggestions on what else I might try?

I made a rather larger purchase yesterday that went to the wrong card I wanted. Not a problem really, but messes up my points. It's so easy to pay with Apple Pay on my watch but if I have to scroll thru all the diff cards that takes all the fun out of it and not worth the time.

So any help would be appreciated.
    TIA

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I only keep a few of my most used cards in my phone so picking the right one out of three is not hard.

3. DotCom2 thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah I know, but still, it was not what it is supposed to be.
    In any event, I got it working now by deleting all the cards and staring over. It defaulted to the right one now.
    Must have been some sort of glitch.

4. fronesis macrumors member

There are separate Apple Pay/Wallet settings for your phone and for your watch. The Watch does not necessarily use the same default card as your Phone.

You need to go into the Apple Watch app on your phone, then go into Apple Pay settings within that app, and set the default card there. This is completely distinct from the Apple Pay settings that are in the settings app on your phone. You need to use the watch app.