Problem w/the Apple TV Service

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by GoHack, Oct 11, 2012.

1. GoHack macrumors member

Both last night, and the previous night, I tried to watch some movies on my Apple2 TV. I got the message that the Server is Down, or some such thing, both times. This isn't the first time that this has happened.

What the heck is going on w/this service? On nights w/nothing on, I generally like to go and watch one of my many movies that I have purchased on my Apple2 TV. It should be available any time I want to watch them, but isn't. The same goes w/my music as well.

I've been thinking about upgrading to the new Apple3 TV, but w/this down time issue always popping up, I'm reluctant to do so.

2. GoHack thread starter macrumors member

So no answers, or anyone who encountered the same problem? :confused:

Oh well.

3. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Is this just happening with iTunes content? Or when it happens, does it affect Netflix, Hulu, trailers, etc?

4. GoHack thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for responding.

Itunes, as far as I know, since that's all I use.

Playing around w/it. I tried a Reset, and that seemed to fix the issue, at least for now. This is the first time that I've had to do this, and hopefully, the last.

After watching a movie, the device automatically shuts off, if left alone, and needs to be turned on the next time I wish to use it. I would think that turning it on automatically does a Reset, but I guess not.

5. warvanov macrumors 6502a

6. brentsg macrumors 68030

I own all 3 versions and use each regularly. I've never encountered that issue.