Problem when closing my MBP...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdahe, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Every time I close my MBP and open it again... it doesn't come back. It stays there like it was off... anyone?

2. klymr macrumors 65816

I've been having the same problem recently. I actually reinstalled Leopard yesterday and since then it's been doing that when it's been asleep for a long while. Not sure why, but I may be reinstalling Leopard again tonight.

3. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Are you going to do a clean re-install?... Is this something you can fix by re-installing Leopard?...or is this another bug of 10.5.1?

4. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

It's strange that it only happens when I close my MBP... but if I select sleep from the menu... it doesn't happen.

5. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Sounds like your MBP isn't recognizing that it was opened, which may indicate a hardware problem.

6. klymr macrumors 65816

Mine was working just fine, but I had to reformat and install Leopard because of something else. After I did the install, everything seemed to be working fine, but when I shut the lid and reopened it a few hours later it took like 3 minutes for the screen to turn on, and then everything was lagging EXTREMELY bad. I restarted it and it was working fine, shut the lid and used it again an hour or so later, still fine. Then I shut the lid and went to bed. Woke up and popped it open and it took about a minute for the screen to turn on. Everything else came on right away as expected, meaning the light went off on the front, the drives all started spinning, etc. It was also once again lagging REALLY bad.

Here is my problem that no one seems to know about I guess.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=410809

7. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Do you know how to fix this?