Problem when importing mp3 into FCP 6

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ShakeWellProd, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

Hi,

I have a mp3 that plays fine QuickTime. Then I import it into FCP and at the very end of the song I hear a glitch in the track. It's not there when I play it in QT but only in FCP. Funny thing is that this has happened a few times with other good quality audio tracks.

The codec is MP3

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

If from within QuickTime you export the song in AIFF format (say with 16 bits per sample, 48 kHz) and then import this AIFF into FCP, do you hear the same glitch?

- Martin

3. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

Wow, that worked. Thank you. I can render and send this off to the client now. Thank you.

4. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Glad this helped. In theory what you were doing was fine; my guess is that for some reason the uncompression of the audio didn't quite work in real-time. Just as a sanity check, if you render or export your original video sequence (with the MP3 audio clip), does that sound bad, too, or was it only the playback from within Final Cut Pro with an unrendered MP3?

- Martin

5. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

FCP has never handled compressed audio (especially mp3) very well... All audio should be converted to 16-bit 48khz AIFF before going into FCP.