Problem when update Airport Extreme firmware to 7.6.1

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by coldwaves, Jan 30, 2012.

1. coldwaves macrumors regular

When I check the update in airport utility, it shows update 7.6.1 is available. I update it and everything went smooth. It shows update successful. However, when I open airport utility, the version is still 7.5.2 and it tells me there is an firmware update. I have tried to update to 7.6.1 many times. Each time is successful but the firmware version is still 7.5.2.

Does anyone experience the same problem?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The TC is what you need to look at....Open Airport, highlight the device or devices you wish to check and click on them....You will find that your upgrade has gone fine!

3. coldwaves thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! What do you mean by TC? I open airport and hightlight the device. There is still the message saying this airport extreme should be updated to a newer firmware version. I have no problem accessing internet though.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

5. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

TC = Time Capsule.
    Just try the old simple, turn everything off, unplug for 20 seconds method and plug it back up and recheck.
    I've seen stranger things get fixed with a complete reboot from the modem to computer.

6. coldwaves thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I have tried to turn everything off and reboot. I also tried hard reset the airport base station. It does not work. I can update and it tells me update is complete. But the version is still 7.5.2. I also try to update the airport through another laptop. It is the same. It seems it is some problem with the airport.