Problem: Which to keep, 4 or 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NewtypeCJ, Jul 4, 2007.

1. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

OK, here's the situation:

I was on a business trip last Friday so I wasn't near my usual Apple Store and didn't have a car -- so I went to the nearest AT&T Store when I could get away from my work obligations, waited for two hours, and they sold the last phone before getting to me (I was #22 in line). So I figured I was there, I waited in line, better just order one there. So I did -- 8GB.

On Monday, I got back from my trip and went to an Apple Store. They were out of 8GB phones, but I bought a 4GB, thinking I'll cancel my AT&T order and all will be good. Well, AT&T said I couldn't cancel--I'd have to refuse the shipment. And now they've shipped it, so I should be getting it soon. So I'll either have to return the 8GB to an AT&T location, refuse the shipment, or I could return the 4GB I bought and keep the 8.

What are my options. Anyone have any experience with this?

2. mashoutposse macrumors 6502

8GB. 4GB is way too small without expandable memory, IMO.

3. speedballs macrumors member

Return the 4... but they'll probably charge you a 10% restocking fee, which bites.

4. otis123 macrumors 6502a

5. NewtypeCJ thread starter macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

I won't have to cancel with AT&T, right? I just transfer my account and number over to that phone? (Is that how it would work?) And I suppose I'd need everything in the box when I return it, huh.

6. v-ault macrumors regular

If you're gonna need the 8 gig Iphone, keep that. But if all your media isn't filling up the 4 gig one ( I don't know if it is), what's the point of the 8 gig? You can save the 100 and get a bluetooth headset or something for your iphone.

7. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

The 8gb is good if you intend on using it as an iPod, otherwise it's more storage than you would ever use.

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Keep the 8 gig and take back the other one.
    You can just swap the sim cards and then sync the phone and it will work with the new phone.
    I figured this out when they activated the wrong sim card by mistake.
    So you don't have to go through the whole process again.

Enjoy