Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macintosh.apple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 26, 2008
I was thinking about switching to a white iphone but looking at the threads it looks like they are having problems with build quality. So should I keep my black 16 Gb or switch to a white one?

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
If you have the Black, I would keep it. Why stress yourself out hunting a white iPhone only to maybe find it has cracks?

On the other hand, the black iPhones could be just as cracked, only we can't see them because, well, the casings are black :)

Joey7071

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
get a white one be different. everyone and there mom has a black iPhone mostly due to 8GB only being black. My white one is flawless and everyone loves it.

+ how is apple gonna mess up on one set of iPhones and not another? they all come off the same machine.

baseballcp2002

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Irvine
get a white one be different. everyone and there mom has a black iPhone mostly due to 8GB only being black. My white one is flawless and everyone loves it.

+ how is apple gonna mess up on one set of iPhones and not another? they all come off the same machine.

Ya my white iphone is also in perfect condition!! I would go white because it is very good looking and I have yet to see someone with a white one but ive seen probably 15 with the black.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
There aren't any problems with build quality in white phones at all. Just because one person complains about finding a problem doesn't mean all white phones are the same. Mine is perfect in every way, no stuck pixels, reverse blacks, scratches, cracks, anything.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
a friend of mine got a white one (to spite me!) that has no problems. i plan on buying the same, when they're readily available.

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
I own a white and Im in love with it!:rolleyes:

Its flawless, different, instant eye catcher, whats more... no fingerprints or smudges!:apple:

P.S.: Get it before your mom decides to change plans and sit on it!:D

And siurpeeman ^^ thanks so much for the MB color sync profile! Its awesome and a great joy to get rid of the yellow tinge!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.