Problem with 3.1.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by boardimpress, Oct 18, 2009.

1. boardimpress macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been using iPhone without jailbreak for 1 year ( iPhone with polish ORANGE's SIM lock ), however now I'm studying in London and I need to use english SIM card. Yesterday I made jailbreak to my iPhone. Before I made Jailbreak I updated my software in Itunes to 3.1.2 . Everything went great ( I made it with pwngtool 3.1.4 ) but unfortunately I still can't use english sim card because phone is blocked. I heard that 3.1.2 can't be unlocked, but I'm really fresh in that things and I don't know what to do :( Maybe should I downgrade software to 3.0, unlock it with cydia's ultrasn0w, and then do an update? If yes, please tell me how can I make it. I'm really stupid in these things, PLEASE GIVE ME HELP :( NOW I'M PAYING A LOT OF MANY FOR USING POLISH CAREER IN UK, I CAN'T AFFORD ON IT :( please give me step by step

regards, a lot of thanks,
    M.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I believe that once your baseband(which allows for unlocking) is updated, there's absolutely no way of downgrading it.

3. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

well...can you help us with what iphone you are using?

4. boardimpress thread starter macrumors newbie

Even when someone will publish 3.0 custom ipsw file? Do someone think that's a chance that ONE DAY ( i mean close future ) will someone publish software to unlock new baseband from sim lock?

5. boardimpress thread starter macrumors newbie

6. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

7. boardimpress thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, but unfortunately I think i've updated my baseband ( with 3.1.2 update from itunes before jailbreak ). It means that ANYTHING can help me? Can I install back old baseband? What another I can do to take off that SIM lock? Please help me

8. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Sadly, I don't know of anything you can do.

The only thing I can think of to try is to ask Orange in Poland if they will unlock it officially for you, given the situation. I know Orange in France do that, but I don't know about Poland. It's worth a try.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you have Cydia, install Fuzzyband and run it to see if you might have bootloader 5.08. That is the only chance to downgrade your baseband.

About 10% of the early 3G phones had this baseband. If you have 5.09, there is no unlock for the foreseeable future.