Problem with activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DSchwartz88, Jun 26, 2007.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

On the apple website it states: Minimum new 2-year wireless service plan and activation fee required to activate iPhone features, including iPod; plans are subject to AT&T credit approval.

Including iPod? which means that you wont be able to go into the apple store buy one and just use it with wifi and as an ipod which i was planing on doing until i switch to att in february.

Just wanted to let everyone see that and if they can explain.

2. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

It is exactly as it says. The iPhone is COMPLETELY locked until activation. No functionality will be available until it is activated.

Hickman

3. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I think that's the case. But why would you want one now? Since by Feb I am definite there will be a better iPhone.

4. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

i want one, because im locked to verizon until feb, and i have been trying to use a windows mobile pda for a while (with missing sync) to keep track of my e-mail and ical (especially iCal) and it just doesnt work, and i really need a planer and the iPhone will sync with everything mac, well because its a mac.

5. Matteh117 macrumors regular

I don't see what the problem is with this activation. It's not exactly a lot of money (though they shouldn't have charged at all..) and it doesn't effect anything - why would you buy an iPhone to just use the iPod anyway?

IMO, it only becomes a problem if they decide that after 2 years you have to pay the contract again to continue using anything (which is what it sounds like).

We'll see...