Problem with Address Book and iPhone Contacts' numbers deleting....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by headshot76, Nov 30, 2010.

1. headshot76 macrumors newbie

Hi there

I'm running an iPhone 4 and syncing via MobileMe to my Address Book on my Macbook.

When I first synced all hell broke loose and my contacts were all deleted. I realised my error and re-synced fine and updated all the contacts across from my old phone. I went through each contact to make sure that all was fine. That was at the beginning of October.

However, I just went into a contact that I haven't needed to call for a long time and have noticed that their phone number has disappeared. I've looked through the rest of my contacts/address book and it seems that some contact's details have gone randomly missing. Some have no email addresses, some have no numbers, yet the named contacts themselves remain.

I'm positive that this information was there before, I've checked my Time Machine backups and it looks like this has been happening since my oldest backup (beginning of November) so it's a while before I noticed the problem and can't be a iOS 4.2 bug.

No other files or folders on my Mac have been affected, just the Address Book.

Luckily I still have my old phone so I'll just have to trawl through and re-enter the missing details.

Any ideas what might have caused this?

Thanks

HS

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Ive had the same issue running a 3gs on 3.1.3 using a pc but I actually thought it was something I did