Problem with Address Book

phatspider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Was having problems with Address Book, so I (foolishly) deleted the application thinking I could simply reinstall it!!

Couldnt find anywhere to download it, but thought i'd install it from my 10.4 upgrade dvd - which I did.

But know the Address Book has the normal application icon (not the normal one) and wont open.

HELP!!!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
phatspider said:
But know the Address Book has the normal application icon (not the normal one) and wont open.

You mean the generic application icon as opposed to the proper Address Book icon, right?

Try repairing permissions if you haven't already.

phatspider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Yeah - thats what I mean. Did try repairing but that was before i reinstalled it. Will try again

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
phatspider said:
How would I reinstall it again?

Well first of all, how did you install it in the first place?

There's a thread in here somewhere about installing from the OS install DVD, give me a second and I'll try to find it. :)

phatspider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2005
I did it from the DVD - basically selected Optional Installs then selected Address Book under Applications.

Oddly though when i ticked it, skipped changed to upgarde and size says 0 bytes

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, well there was a thread about reinstalling the DVD Player for unrelated reasons here which outlines ways of getting apps off the Tiger DVD. They mention a program called Pacifist. I haven't ever done it before though so I can only hope that it works well. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.