Problem with Adobe CS3-App has been moved, some settings need to be repaired

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RickR, Jul 8, 2007.

1. RickR macrumors member

I recently installed Adobe CS3 on my system. It spread all the various apps all over my Applications folder. I made a new folder, Adobe CS3, and moved all of the apps into that. Ever since I did whenever I open a app such as Photoshop it says
    "Application has been moved from location in which it was nistalled. Some settings need to be repaired"
    I can cancel and most of the time it seems to still load okay but most of the time I choose to repair it. It asks then for my password and does a repair and opens the application and it works fine.
    What puzzles me is the next time I open an application it does the same thing. It works so it's not a big deal but I know I can fix it by moving the applications back to the original install locations but it's just sloppy that way and I just hate dealing with the prompt to repair every time. Is there a way around this?

2. psycho bob macrumors 6502a

psycho bob

I would move them back or reinstall CS3 from scratch. Just add the apps to the dock and then you don't need to use the applications folder. Most software organises itself like that for a reason.

3. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Did anyone find a solution to this, as it's bloody annoying - within my applications folder I have a ' Main Programs ' folder, I want to rename it but get the same error message as outlined in the first post - this is stupid because:

a) It is effectively dictating how I arrange my folders:mad:

b) The 'Repair Now' button doesn't!!!

Any help appreciated!