Problem with AEBS.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jschultz, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Help!

I got a great deal on an AEBS, so I jumped on it. However, I'm having some issues trying to set it up. I set the password up and etc...however, when I get the option of adding the AEBS to the network, or starting a network up, things start to not work. I choose the "start a new network with new IP addresses" option, but for some reason, it says that I have 2 NAT or something. Apparently "some device over ethernet" already has IP addresses or ports.

What am I doing wrong? I thought I could simply unplug my old linksys router and swap this one in, do the setup, and be done.

Thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah... I had that issue before; did you set up WDS with the AEBS?

3. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

wds? Is that the setup manager?

4. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

oh wait, I think you mean wireless base station? All I have is the aebs

5. Jschultz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

Ok, now that I'm home, the problem is a double NAT. what the heck is this? It says I have a private IP address on my ethernet WAN port (which my iMac is plugged into?)