Problem with Album Art

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robertkj, Mar 31, 2008.

1. robertkj macrumors newbie

Hey, I have a small problem with my album art. When I play a song all my album art has been rearranged and all album covers don't match the correct band or CD. i.e When I listen to Billy Talent, I get a snow Patrol CD Cover:( The weird thing is that when I use the cover flow option, or search for a album using the album tab the covers match the correct CD.

Can anybody give me some advice to fix this or do I have to add the album art all over again. I don't know if it matters but I just recently changed computers.

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

Have you tried restoring it? That might be a good place to start.

3. robertkj thread starter macrumors newbie

I will restore as a last option, but I was hoping their was an easy way to fix. It's kind of pain to add all the music and album art again since I don't keep my music in the itunes library.

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I have been searching through the forum to try to find a succinct answer to this problem; however, I have come up empty handed. As with OP, on my iPod Touch, the album art is a mess. Everyone of my songs on iTunes has the proper album art (a process that took exceedingly long, which is why I am mad), but on some albums it just shows up as another album art. This only happens to some albums here and there. Also, it happens to full albums, and album folders with just one song in it. E.g., my Blues Traveler Four cd showed the album art for Jimi Hendrix Are you Experienced?. This bothers me tremendously, and if anyone has a fix I would greatly appreciate it :)

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

I had this problem, restoring it was the only thing that helped. And I still have a prob with two albums that had the same name

6. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice, but I actually tried that. And it was a painful experience because I find that loading music onto the touch is extremely slow. Could it be possible that somehow I am importing the art improperly. I usually drag my songs into iTunes (at this point, it is set to not copy the file to iTunes), I tweak the tag information to get it to my liking (I am anal about that), including album art, then I delete the songs from iTunes (at this point, I turn on copying to the iTunes folder), and I drag the songs into iTunes. Thus, at the end of the process, I have all the songs in my iTunes folder, properly labels and with album art. The art shows up fine on my computer, but only 95% of the time on my iPod Touch. Also, I have 55GB of music, so I am frequently adding and deleting songs from my playlists, and this problem occurs whether I am adding 16GB of songs to the iPod or whether I am removing an album and adding another.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I had this too...it seems to only occur with album art that is being referenced to, rather than a file that contains the artwork within it.

The best idea is to use a script from Doug's AppleScripts to embed the art work into the music files themselves. At least that's how I've overcome this problem. You music library will increase in size, but hey! ;)

8. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

So I downloaded the Applescript, and selected some songs that I had with album art (they all have it), and activated the script. How do I know if anything happened? No dialog box appeared, or anything, is that how this script works?

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Why not just have it all in itunes? seams like an overly complicated process....

10. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Yeah...there's no progress bar! If it has a problem then you get an error message, if not then you can assume it went okay!

When I ran the script it did miss a few, but as time's gone by I notice the problematic files and manually add the artwork again to ensure it's copied over (drag n drop).

11. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

because for some reason I like to make sure that the file I am going to copy to iTunes has a proper tag before I copy it to the iTunes folder. For some reason, to me, it makes me think it would have less chance of having a problem...if it is a CD, then I just import from iTunes...