Problem with Android ADB Emulator

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by appledes7, Jul 28, 2013.

1. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

So I was messing around with ADB today to get ready to root my Nexus 7 tomorrow. I downloaded the Android SDK and installed it.

I went to my SDK/platform-tools folder, did shift-right click and did "open command window here". Then just for kicks I plugged in my Nexus 4 to see if I could get it to reboot to the bootloader from my computer. So I did this:

And I got this error:
    So I ran "adb devices" and got this back:
    I tried to kill the emulator using
    but it didn't work, and I just got this error:
    Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? I read somewhere that if you uninstall bluestacks it will fix it, but I never installed bluestacks in the first place...

2. Assault macrumors 6502a

Assault

3. appledes7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

USB 2. And I wasn't aware something like that could make a difference.

4. Assault macrumors 6502a

Assault

I'm currently running into the exact same issue as you and my old crappy PC only has USB 2 ports. I read in one of the 2013 Nexus 7 threads on XDA that we may need USB 3.0 ports? Can't confirm because I have read a bunch of posts today.
    I also read that you need to ensure latest and greatest Google USB drivers are installed in the SDK Extras folder.

I may wait for the one click unlock/root program instead of messing with the SDK.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

LOL, really, USB 3.0 ports? Wow, they went long and far this time around to make sure nobody could root 4.3 easily it seems.

6. Assault macrumors 6502a

Assault

If the USB 2.0 port really is the issue (and it my not be, I simply can't remember or find that post), then it is an issue for this of us with older Windows PC's... For now. XDA will have this sorted within a week or so. I can wait.

7. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Could just be that specific port. Have you tried using another usb port on your pc?

Haven't messed with the sdk/emulator in a while but I know it's kind of finicky on older pc's

8. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Its not the usb port. Make sure you have the latest adb binaries. The secure adb intoduced in 4.2/4.3 doesn't always work with older ones. I had the same issue a few weeks ago.

If this doesn't work under developer options hit revoke usb debugging authorizations and try connecting it again.

9. appledes7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've got all the latest drivers and tried multiple USB ports. The problem is not the port, it is the emulator and not being able to kill it.

I was able to root my 2013 Nexus 7 just fine in fastboot.

10. Saqib Ahmed macrumors newbie

Saqib Ahmed

adb devices

you will get the list of all available devices something like this:

<device ID> device
    emulator-5554 offline

the copy the device id run commad like this:

adb -s <device ID> <your command>

example:

adb -s <device ID> tcpip 5555

no need to kill anyone

11. MRU Suspended

MRU

You do realise this was 3 years ago ? I think the poster has solved their issue by now ;)

newbie tip... check the date of the thread :)