Problem with Aperture 3.1.1 on new Quad i7 15"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HBOC, Feb 25, 2011.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

Ok, so Apple replaced my old MBP for a brand new one yesterday. I am still transferring stuff over, and when I got to my A3 library, i noticed that ALL my TIFF files (from my 1Ds) are "corrupt" in A3, and they show up at like 297x190 in Preview, even though they are like 11MB (depending on the photos..)

They worked fine in my A3 library on my early 08' MBP. The only thing I can think that it is was the transfer? I just drug my A3 library file from my external to my desktop and then into HD/photos. That is where A3 stores its' library, as far as I know. All my .CR2 files show up and work perfectly.

I have a work around, which is to open ALL my TIFF files (from my 1Ds) into CS4, and then save them as .tiff and then import. They work as they should in A3 and in preview, but this sucks as it takes longer..

It could also be the transfer as well. I don't have a CF reader at the moment, so I use my girlfriends' HP printer, which has a CF reader....software update JUST downloaded the new HP drivers...

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you drag the entire library over and try to fire aperture or did you start trying to put files in the library manually? Sounds like you corrupted the library

I let aperture manage my files and I've never had a problem moving/copying my aperture libraries

3. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

yes i manually dragged them from my external HDD to my MBP. The "work around" worked like a charm, but need to fix it. I will try what you said.