Problem with App Store, keep reminding me to update apps that have been removed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by imusi, Jul 23, 2011.

1. imusi, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

imusi macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I've removed these 3 apps for a fairly long time, but every time I open App Store, it will remind me of "updates available".

[​IMG]

Problem since Snow Leopard. Now I update to Lion but this problem still exists.

And i'm pretty sure about I've already removed all linked files, .plist file or so.
    I even deleted files linked to App store itself that records App Store user data and also updates warning data. but next time as soon as I open App Store, even if I didn't login my Apple ID, it'll remind me to "update" these apps.

I tried to click the "update" button and got the latest version. However, next time I opened App Store, these warnings appeared again!

Anyone knowing how to deal with that?

2. imusi, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011

imusi thread starter macrumors newbie

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

For goodness sake, you only allowed less than 3 hours for someone to reply?

Apple probably keeps records on their servers just in case your HDD is zapped dead by cosmic rays.

4. imusi thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, right, maybe I'm sort of out of patience. cause I had spent hours on resolving this but failed from time to time before i came here to post. :-(

I know they keep records on their servers but can't explain why it still remind me after I deleted all Apple ID account files linked with App Store and as what I mentioned, I didn't login my App Store then.

Even through they record what I installed on my mac, there shouldn't be any "updates available" warnings of those apps I have already removed from my mac. Say, I installed and uninstalled many apps from app store. Only these 3 apps have this problem. endless updates. even if I do have updated them, still warn me to "update".