Problem with Apple Notes app on 1st Gen Touch since upgrading to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LordEntropy, Jun 21, 2009.

1. LordEntropy macrumors regular

Hi, OK I just upgraded to 3.0 from 1.1.5. Everything seemed to be going fine but I have just discovered a problem.

When I go into notes I can see all my notes there fine. If i open one the contents and the title of the note are not what I opened. If I try to delete this note the notes app crashes, if I try to create a new note the notes app crashes, if I try to change any notes the app crashes. All of the crashes take me back to the home screen.

Any advice? Notes now of course is effectively useless as I am unable to create of delete any notes and I am not sure what note I am going into until I open it.

Any advice would be appreciated please??

2. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

There might have been an issue while restoring/upgrading to 3.0.
    Plug in your iPod and in iTunes, click restore, and hope that it notes will work again.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i would just try and do a restart of ur ipod or a restore. if that doesn't work, put ur touch inot the DFU mode and follow the instructions below. :)
    1. turn off touch( hold down the on/off button on top till a thing pops up asking u if u want to turn off ur touch)

2. after turned off, hold down both the home button and the on/off button on top for 10 seconds.

3. after 10 seconds let go off the on/off button but hold down the home button for another 30 seconds.

4. At about the 25-30 second mark, the connect to itunes thing will pop up like it did when u first set it up after buying it.

5. set it up as a new ipod and then sync ur stuff w/ 3.0!

6. HAVE FUN WITH UR TOUCH!

hope this helps.

4. LordEntropy thread starter macrumors regular

I have tried a restore but that did not seem to work.

I will however try the instructions you have given me wywern209 tonight to see if it helps.

I will keep you posted, thanks guys for the advice.

5. 12GA macrumors member

Exact same thing has happened to my 1st gen iPhone when I upgraded from 1.1.4 to 3.0 on Saturday. Notes are now useless. :(

6. LordEntropy thread starter macrumors regular

Just a quick question. Will this cause me a problem with any of the apps I have bought since upgrading to 3.0 as I am setting it up as a new Ipod?

7. LordEntropy thread starter macrumors regular

Ok I gave it a try and it worked!! I ignored the request to do a restore and I now have a working notes app, thanks for the info much appreciated.