Resolved Problem with apps(Solved look in for solution)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kdog679, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kdog679, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

kdog679 macrumors member

Occasionally on my macbook pro (10.7.3) I run into a problem with random apps downloaded on the internet. Apps like voicemac that I've tried to download recently will continue to just bounce on the dock. If I click them, they just close up. I've already tried repairing disk permissions. Thanks for any help.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. kdog679 thread starter macrumors member

The site said 10.4+ so I figured it would work, and his support forums have people stating it does work on lion, with no problems reported like my own. I might hop over there for help on the specific app, but this isn't a single case scenario. Its happened in the past but I usually shrug it off, but now I'm trying to look for an answer and google is giving mixed results.

4. kdog679 thread starter macrumors member

Just tried installing hamachi, and it also won't install. Most apps will install, but there are a select few that do not work.

5. kdog679 thread starter macrumors member

So it turns out due to lions quarantine, some apps unzipped with the unarchiver will not work. Using another program to unzip them fixes the issue.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

VoiceMac is working in Lion? I know it does in Snow Leopard.

7. kdog679 thread starter macrumors member

I'd assume it works, I'll check later. Basically all files I downloaded weren't opening because of the unarchiver.