Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Millionz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Michigan
when i dl apps from the store...they work ..but the next day i click on the app logo and it starts to load then takes me back to the the ipod front screen...this is weird are the free apps just a trail for a few days? or am i not doing something i should be ...thanx...:D

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Edit: also theres more than 1 app problem, so they don't no if they can answer until they read ur post, or they saw 2 replys and wanted to see if there was a fix.

asskick3r

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
"Somewhere ... In las vegas"
What firmware are you on? I know it has to be like 2.X ... but what version? (ex. 2.0.0, 2.0.2, etc...)

This continuously happened to me while on the 2.0.0 fw.

If you are on the said 2.0.0 FW ... I suggest updating to the 2.1.1 FW.
It fixed A LOT of bugs for me. Plus it is way smoother.

If you are already on the 2.1.1 FW ... then ... maybe a restore? IDK.

Good luck!

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
when i dl apps from the store...they work ..but the next day i click on the app logo and it starts to load then takes me back to the the ipod front screen...this is weird are the free apps just a trail for a few days? or am i not doing something i should be ...thanx...:D

the free apps in the app store are not trials. they will continue to work, they are just limited in functionality compared to the full version of the apps.

As somebody else said, make sure you are on the 2.1 firmware, as that fixes a lot of the problems with Apps. If you have the 2.1 firmware already, there are a few things you can try.

1.) Reset your iPod. This won't cause you to lose any music, high scores for apps, videos, etc. Everything will stay on there. It will just help things to run smoother. To reset, hold down the home and sleep buttons till the screen turns off (when the option to turn off comes up, just keep holding the buttons down). Once it has shut off, hold the sleep button down to start it back up. It may take a long time to start back up, thats normal (1-3 minutes).

2.) Reinstall the apps that are causing you trouble through iTunes.

Mac-Millionz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
Michigan
the free apps in the app store are not trials. they will continue to work, they are just limited in functionality compared to the full version of the apps.

As somebody else said, make sure you are on the 2.1 firmware, as that fixes a lot of the problems with Apps. If you have the 2.1 firmware already, there are a few things you can try.

1.) Reset your iPod. This won't cause you to lose any music, high scores for apps, videos, etc. Everything will stay on there. It will just help things to run smoother. To reset, hold down the home and sleep buttons till the screen turns off (when the option to turn off comes up, just keep holding the buttons down). Once it has shut off, hold the sleep button down to start it back up. It may take a long time to start back up, thats normal (1-3 minutes).

your trick worked ..props to you ...what did that actually do to make it work..if you dont mind me asking..thanx man

theruined

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2008
Thanks

1.) Reset your iPod. To reset, hold down the home and sleep buttons till the screen turns off (when the option to turn off comes up, just keep holding the buttons down). Once it has shut off, hold the sleep button down to start it back up. It may take a long time to start back up, thats normal (1-3 minutes).

Thanks for the tip. I had to do both:
1) Delete all (3) apps I had downloaded (none of them worked)
2) Reset my iPod Touch
3) Plug in the touch to my laptop (to reactivate with iTunes)
4) Reinstall my apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.